In today's post, we are going to talk about the SWEAT CHALLENGE, Protein and, OMG, fall.
We are just over two weeks into the Sweat Challenge and everyone is pushing themselves harder and farther than they were before. It's a huge inspiration, especially for me as I work to get back in shape after baby and am in need of all the inspiration and motivation I can get! Keep up the good work!! And I'll say it again: don't let other people's star count freak you out. This is really all about YOU and your own progress!
As we see those stars rack up we naturally think about y'all's nutritional needs and want to make sure you are feeding your body everything it needs. Especially if you're working out way more than usual. Did you know that if you don't get enough protein in your diet it can affect you like this?:
- increased fatigue
- increased irritability
- increased lethargy
And if you aren't getting enough protein in your diet your body will start to break down existing proteins as a source of amino acids (your body starts to eat itself). We advocate for a protein supplement because we know how important it is for you to support yourself nutritionally while you bust your butt at the gym. We advocate specifically for SFH because:
- It's the cleanest protein product on the market. You can feel 100% great about what you are putting in your body and that you are truly getting the quality you are paying for.
- 100% bioavailability. In layman's terms, this simply means that your body is able to absorb and use 100% of the protein. This is HUGE. There are other proteins out there that have much lower bioavailability, so if you consume a serving with 20 grams of protein you may only absorb 25% of it. That's a huge waste of dollars if you ask me AND chances are your protein needs won't be met.
- Whey protein sourced from grass fed, A2 cows. A1 protein (not found in A2 milk) is what causes and contributes to lactose intolerance and other complications with consuming dairy. If you are lactose intolerant you will not have trouble digesting SFH whey protein. Want to know more about A2 milk? Check this article out from Mother Jones.
- Dissolves easily in water if you need it on the go! And it tastes great!!
Remember, Well.Fit members get 15% off retail and that includes PROTEIN!!! And keep your eyes out for the next blog post where we will be talking about another AH-mazing product from SFH: Fish Oil!
OMG, we love fall and here it is (kinda...the last couple days felt like summer)! Here are a few things we love LOVE love about fall in the VILLE and beyond.
- That lull in tourist season: The summer tourists have gone home and it's pre-leaf looker season. You can hit the popular spots outside over the weekend and it's not overrun with people. You can also go downtown and it's (a little) less packed out with tourists. Take advantage of this time and hit up some of those places that you never go to because they're always mega-crowded (some suggestions: Craggy Gardens, Graveyard Fields and Hooker Falls for the outdoor portion and Imperial Life, Salsa's, and Top of the Monk.
- Cozy Cocktails + Eats: AVL has a lot of perfectly suited haunts for drinking a cocktail or glass of wine in cooler weather. Sometimes there's food too. Here are some of our favorites: Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne bar is a great place to cozy up and have a glass of wine or bubbly, Sovereign Remedies is perfect for a cocktail to warm you up and some good old fashion people watching, and Smoky Park Supper Club is a warm and woodsy place to grab a cocktail and dinner that's ideal when it's cold outside.
- Squash: Yes, folks, it's the simple things that get us going. We <3 fall/winter squash and delicata squash seems to come and go so much quicker than the rest. So when the season hits there is a Lot of delicata squash being roasted in our house! Not sure what to do with a delicata? Try this: preheat oven to 375˚, slice the squash in 1/2 lengthwise, scoop the seeds out, slice each half crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces, toss in olive oil and salt, spread on a baking sheet, pop them in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until tender and BAM, eat em' up, peel and all. YUM!
- Refocusing, reprioritizing and realigning ourselves with our goals: summer is cut loose time, travel time, party time, all things relaxed and easy. Fall feels like business. We love the feeling of getting back on a more regimented schedule and getting focused on our goals again! Leading into Holiday season which can historically be a little bit insane we like to be as structured as possible in the early fall months leading into winter. How do y'all refocus and realign yourselves in the fall? Let us know in the comments below!