In the spirit of spring and getting out of our own cooking rut we are branching out and trying some new recipes. This Roasted Beet and Dandelion Greens salad is on our list to try this week, it has us salivating!!
We recommend adding simple grilled chicken breast to add protein and make it a perfect spring meal!
- 2 1/2 pounds small beets, preferably a mix of red, golden, and Chioggia, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 4 cups dandelion greens, thick stems removed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place beets on foil lined with parchment. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with coarsesalt. Wrap foil into a sealed pouch. Roast beets on a rimmed baking sheet until easily pierced with a skewer, about 45 minutes. Carefully open pouch; when beets are cool enough to handle, rub off skins with paper towels. Halve beets (or quarter, if desired).
- Arrange beets and dandelion greens in a serving dish. In a skillet, bring remaining 3 tablespoons oil and cumin seeds to a simmer; toss with beets and greens. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Recipe from http://www.marthastewart.com/