If you have never been to an indoor cycle class you may be wondering what you need to know, it can be intimidating. You may have even gotten the impression that it's going to be pure insanity, totally not true. We have put together a little list of things to know before you go! Feel free to share this with your novice indoor cycle friends and let them know there's no reason to be afraid!
- We are a friendly, inclusive space. We know it can intimidating attending a new class or studio for the first time so we go the extra distance to reach out and make you feel comfortable. We foster an open and welcoming and environment - don't be scared, you'll soon see why Well.Fit clients keep coming back and fall in love with it yourself!
- It's your ride. Cycle class is a great place to start your fitness journey, you have a coach, there is great music, it's a set amount of time so you can't easily just peace out in the middle of it. But with all that said, it's YOUR RIDE. Instructors are going to set the bar high and push to help inspire and motivate but you get to decided how much resistance you are going to use and how hard you are going to go. We always tell first timers to sit back and let the flywheel pull you whenever you need extra rest. Between the beats and the motivation you get from your instructor, if you are persistent you will see improvements very quickly!
- Your butt will hurt a little, but it goes away. Yup, it's true, you may feel a little saddle soreness (just as you would if you rode an outdoor bicycle for an hour) but it doesn't last. It goes away, we promise, give it a few classes.
- You will sweat. Chances are you are going to have sweat rolling in no time. You will be more comfortable if you wear sweat wicking clothing vs. cotton, you'll want a towel and a water bottle. If you forget your towel, we've got you covered, we have small towels for you to use at no charge. We also have a purified water fountain and water bottle's available for purchase.
- There is a learning curve to the indoor ride. This group exercise class and just like any group exercise class there is a learning curve. Luckily it's not as steep as aerobics or hip hop. But be prepared to not be totally sure what your 6 out of 10 should feel like right off the bat or what proper form feels like. We train our instructors to work with every skill lever in each class, so be sure to let him or her know if it's your first ride so they can make sure you are properly set up and well informed about the mechanics of it. Don't be afraid to ask questions before or after class, you'll find your teacher is eager to help!
- You will have fun! Our cycle instructors take a great deal of time and put a lot of effort into making their playlists and ride profile. It is their goal to be sure you are getting a super challenging workout and enjoying the process! So if you like music (who doesn't?) chances are you'll be dancing on the bike and having a great time and lose track of time!!
Have more questions? Feel free to email us anytime, we are happy to talk with you about our cycle classes as well as TRX and Bootcamps! firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to sweating with you soon!!